[Application-profiles-ig] Possible "basic" requirements

Phil Barker phil.barker at pjjk.co.uk
Tue Jun 4 17:27:09 BST 2019

Hello all

On 04/06/2019 16:38, Karen Coyle wrote:
> - (#32) I don't know if we have agreement that we require that the
> resulting profiles be machine-actionable. Would it make sense if the
> profile is a PDF?

If the profile is /just/ a pdf then I guess what we could produce would
be guidelines on what to include in such documentation of an application
profile. On its own that would be useful, but doesn't fill me with
enthusiasm. Maybe it's a necessary part of our work, maybe even a good
place to start, but I would prefer to see both human and machine
readable versions (perhaps the human readable version could be generated
by a machine). Surely there are plenty of use cases around data
validation that require machine readable profiles?

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.